Fuel of the Future: Environmentally Friendly Biodiesel Heating Oil
Cubby is the only Boston area energy company that delivers ultra-clean B40 Bioheat™ Plus. It will make you feel proud to heat your home with “oil.”
What is Bioheat?
Did you know the average cost of converting to an electric air-source heat pump system in Massachusetts is nearly $21,572*? Bioheat Plus offers you a heat source that is both higher in efficiency, and affordability in comparison.
*Source: Diversified Energy Specialists Research & Analysis; MassCEC; MA DOER
Bioheat™ is made by combining renewable Biodiesel with ultra-low sulfur heating oil. The number 40 reflects the percentage of the fuel that comes from renewable sources. A blend at this high of a level specifically gives it the name Bioheat™ Plus.
In our case, that’s 40% of every gallon you get. This is much higher than most of our competitors, who claim to offer Bioheat™, but only put in 2 or 3 % renewable Biodiesel because it costs them more than regular heating oil.
We think that the future of our planet is worth it, and include a higher amount of renewable fuel, without passing on the cost to our customers. That’s right — you get a better, cleaner product, but at our regular competitive rate!
Best of all, you don’t need to make any modifications to your system. We deliver it just like the old-fashioned stuff, but that’s where the comparison ends.
What makes Cubby’s Bioheat™ Plus so special?
By mixing in renewable biodiesel at a 40% blend, several really important things happen:
- Harmful greenhouse gas emissions are cut by 30%, immediately. In fact, our fuel emits fewer harmful greenhouse gas emissions than Natural Gas! A lot has changed in the last few years. According to a comprehensive report conducted by Brookhaven National Laboratory and presented to Congress in 2015 by the National Oilheat Research Alliance (NORA), biofuel blends containing 20% or more Bioheat™ produce lower greenhouse gas emissions than natural gas! Want to find out more about how Bioheat™ compares to natural gas? Visit our page here: Compare heating oil to natural gas. Or, call us to discuss all these great benefits.
- We use biodiesel that is sourced locally from waste products like used cooking oil, plants, and other renewable resources. So, we are not just improving the air quality, we’re reducing landfill use.
- You get higher heating efficiency and easier maintenance, since our ultra-low-sulfur B40 Bioheat™ Plus leaves fewer deposits on heat exchangers. You should experience fewer breakdowns, and extended system lifespan as well.
- It enables us to take advantage of breakthroughs in heating equipment efficiency, particularly those coming from Europe, which requires the combination of ultra-low sulfur fuel and Bioheat™. You can check out some of the current options we sell here: modern oil heating equipment.
6 Bioheat™ Plus Benefits
The heating oil industry is committed to reducing carbon emissions with cleaner, renewable fuels. Read all about how Bioheat is the pathway to net-zero, along with other current information and advancements as put together by the Massachusetts Energy Marketers Association (MEMA).
Download Bioheat Newsletter
- Reduces U.S. reliance on imported oil and supports domestic energy security; by replacing millions of gallons of petroleum-based heating oil, American homes will be far less vulnerable to any supply disruptions from overseas unrest or geopolitics.
- Supports tens of thousands of U.S. jobs and generates income of more than $1.5 billion that gets circulated throughout the American economy
- Helps provide cleaner air quality by reducing greenhouse gas emissions. Because of its much lower sulfur content, Bioheat fuel burns far cleaner than standard No. 2 heating oil.
- Relies on renewable, biodegradable, nontoxic resources; our country can continually produce new supplies throughout the nation, and it is virtually free of sulfur and other impurities.
- Saves wear and tear on equipment, preventing the need for expensive equipment replacement. The result of cleaner burning is fewer breakdowns, longer equipment life and better fuel efficiency.
- Requires no equipment refits — if your heating system uses regular fuel oil, it can use Bioheat™ fuel right now!
The next time someone says oil is oil; please ask them to call us. Oil quality can vary from dealer to dealer, but Cubby delivers only ultra-low-sulfur B40 Bioheat™ Plus to our customers.
Read more about Bioheat™ in Massachusetts