Automatic Delivery vs. Will Call: Pros and Cons
Date: November 16, 2018
When it comes to reliable heating oil delivery in the Boston area, there’s really only one choice: Cubby Oil & Energy. But when it comes to having your heating oil delivered to the Boston area, you actually have two choices: Automatic Delivery or Will Call Service.
Here is a look at the pros and cons of each.
How it works:
Our computer system estimates how much fuel your home will use based on your past usage, and how cold it is outside. Your Cubby driver will come at a convenient time for you when your tank gets to be one-quarter full.
- No tank watching
- No runouts* or restarts
- No need to call for or schedule a delivery
- Eligibility for our preseason Cubby Pricing Plans
- Priority service in periods of high demand
- Five cent per gallon discount if payment is submitted within 10 days
- You rely on us to schedule your deliveries rather than managing the process yourself (many would consider this a “pro”!)
- *If you make a significant change in your home or lifestyle (build an addition to your home, add a new family member who needs additional heat on in the house, etc.) without letting us know, our computer estimates might be off, resulting in a runout.
How it works:
You keep track of your own oil level and call us when you need a delivery.
- Complete control over the monitoring and delivery call-in schedule for your heating oil deliveries.
- A minimum 24-hour notice is needed for a delivery request – more time is suggested during a storm or cold snap (a good rule of thumb is to call when the level of your tank reads about 25 percent full).
- A minimum 100-gallon delivery is required.
- Cubby is not responsible for run-outs if you do not provide enough notice for delivery. In some cases, we can make a same-day emergency heating oil delivery if you have a run-out or you’re close to running out, but extra charges may apply.
As you can see, Automatic Delivery has some significant advantages over Will Call – a big reason why most of our customers take advantage of this convenient service from Cubby Oil & Energy.
Still, if you prefer to watch the fuel level of their storage tank, that’s no problem – with our large fleet of trucks, we can get fuel quickly and reliably when others can’t!
For reliable heating oil deliveries in the greater Boston area, no one beats the pros at Cubby! To join the Cubby family of customers – or to switch from Will Call to Automatic Delivery – contact us today.